12.19.2006

The new digg.com

I have to say I am quite happy with the new digg. The new version was implemented very well. So, let's go over what's new.

The biggest difference that I think everyone will notice first is that the navigation between sections of digg is now at the top of the page instead of the previous left hand side. At first I didn't care for that change much, but after about 2 days of using it, the top navigation works very well. However, I am not a big fan of the blue and green menu bar at the top. It just seems like an odd color combination, but it is beginning to grow on me.

Another big change that has been made is that digg no longer has a static width. I love this improvement, because on my widescreen monitor digg can now stretch to fill my browser. This is a feature most of us have been waiting for.

Also, another thing that you will notice is that digg has now separated the news from the videos. I know the reason behind this is because there are now so many videos on digg, but I for one, am not a big fan of this new feature. Now, instead of seeing all of my tech news and videos on one page, I have to switch between pages to see both my news and videos. I believe that there should be an option to have both news and videos combined into one page.

Another addition to digg is the podcast section. I think that this is a cool idea, and a great way for people to discover new podcasts.

Top 10 in All Topics is also a new feature to digg. I am enjoying this feature for the most part. It's a great way to see what's hot right now.

Now in the videos section of digg, videos from supported sites, such as YouTube, can now be viewed without ever leaving digg. I feel that this is a great feature. It makes watching quick videos even quicker since you never have to leave digg.

Over all, I am very happy with the latest digg update. The only thing that I wasn't to pleased with was the blue and green menu bar, but again that should grow on me. So, I will leave you with a couple of screen grabs compareing digg v.4 to digg v.3 along with the updating screen.

digg out of service (before implementation of digg v.4)


digg v.4 (current version)


digg v.3

0 Comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds