7.30.2006

LINUX: the debate

Well with Suse installed, I am really enjoying the stabability that it has to offer. But I am not entirely satified. For one thing, I cannot connect to a shared printer on my network. Another thing, not as big of a deal, I cannot rip a cd as an mp3 file. I hate to say this, but I might end up switching back to Windows.

LINUX PROS
+extremly stable
+open source
+free in both senses of the word
+virtualy security issues
+it's cool to be different

LINUX CONS
-not mainstream
-networking isn't the easiest
-not media oriented

WINDOWS PROS
+mainstream
+very compatible

WINDOWS CONS
-you have to re-install about every 6 months
-extremly unstable
-has huge security holes
-made by M$

I just want to find a happy medium. Maybe OS X would do the trick for me?

0 Comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds